Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Package from Osaka~

Hello everyone! My name's Kuri and I'm the most spoiled girl in the world. =D

I met Yukiko in March 2014 on My Language Exchange. [I can't believe we've been friends for 2 years already!] Yuki-chan has been helping me learn Japanese and I'm supposed to be helping her with English. I'm not the best teacher, but I've noticed that Yuki's English has improved so much in the past two years! My Japanese has not improved. Ha ha! Yuki's a great teacher but I'm not the best student. I want to push harder at my Japanese studies so I can carry conversations in Japanese.

 Yuki-chan and I regularly send each other packages. I recently sent her a package in January, and I've been working on another package full of sweets for her! Yuki loves maple candy so I've been busy searching for lots of it =)

 Today I was surprised to see a package from Yuki in the mail! She always sends me the loveliest packages full of my favourite Japanese goodies. [Everything is also beautifully wrapped.] I immediately whipped out my camera so I could take pics of it...


Hello Kitty stamps and Japan washi tape on the side~ the washi tape is so cute!


Disney Princess stamps! Ahhh! I think on my next package, I will add some stamps =) I usually just pay in full but Yuki can collect the stamps! I cut out the front part of Yuki's packages and save them in a binder.


These are soo cute! Hello Kitty socks for my niece!


She's gonna love them =D Yuki-chan usually sends a goody for my niece in these packages.


Peko x Sanrio character sweets! These are strawberry flavoured. Hello Kitty and My Melody are my favourite Sanrio characters~ 


'For sale in Japan only.' I'm lucky that Yuki-chan sends me treats like this that I wouldn't get anywhere else!


BLUEBERRY POCKY! YAY! I shared this on FB a while ago~ it's blueberry-flavoured heart-shaped Pocky for 'maximum happiness'. I'm so happy that Yuki-chan sent me this! Thank you!


'Stylish kirigami'; According to the book, 'Kirigami' is Japanese craftwork that involves using scissors or utility knives, tracing patterns. It can create a variety of fascinating silhouettes.


I've never heard of kirigami before so I'm very excited to try this! The book has tons of paper that I can cut out and use for kirigami.


A birthday card from Yuki-chan! Japanese cards are so cute~


I love the way Yuki-chan decorated the back of it! Both sides are so pretty. I usually display cards on my wall, but this card can stand up so I will display it on my dresser.


A postcard of a park in Kumamoto prefecture of Kyushu. It looks beautiful!


My first ever volume of 'LaLa', a monthly manga magazine! This one has Vampire Knight on the cover which is one of my favourite manga / anime series. 


This is the March 2015 issue. It's in perfect condition and it will make a lovely addition to my 'Vampire Knight' shelf where I house my manga volumes and the anime series!


This pretty folder was tucked into the pages~ Zero and Kaname! 


Another VK goody....


A delicate black handkerchief! This is soo pretty.


And one more....


A Vampire Knight mirror! It's so beautiful and I feel really cool having it...ha ha! I hope I don't break it!


Some of Yuki's beautiful wrapping. She used little kitty stickers [so kawaii!] and washi tape that looks like a vintage newspaper.

Inside was this BEAUTIFUL fabric that Yuki-chan suggested I use for my Tarot cards! How did Yuki know I was looking for more fabric?! Sometimes, I think she might be a witch too ;)


And a few sweets! The little green sweets are so yummy. I think I'm going to try the Blendy Stick as soon as I finish this post. Blendy Stick is an instant coffee brand sold in Japan~ Yuki has sent me a few different flavours before. This Hello Kitty Blendy Stick says 'From Kyushu' and it's strawberry flavoured!

Thank you for such a beautiful gift, Yuki-chan! I am so lucky to have a great friend like you ♥  

~

xo,
Kuri
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't include links in your comment.